Cross border fisheries issue in North waters in Sri Lanka was the prime issue that brought forward by the ANPFP.
Following Matters were Discussed in the meeting
01. Strengthen the ANPFP.
· Make arrangements to enlist district representatives from other district in North.
· Conduct and Strengthen the Congress (General Body) and Steering committee.
· Formation of Constitution.
· Meet the fishers in Mulathive and invite them to join with.
02. Joining with the religious leaders and academics conduct Common discussion and workshop on Cross border Trawling issue and livelihood issues of Fishers.
03. How can Coordinator of NAFSO and field officers to help the process.
Alliance will strengthen with members from other district in Northern province (Mannar, Kilinochchi,and Mulathive), advisory board and constitution will be formed.
01. S.Thawarathnam - Chair Person, Alliance of Northern Province Fisher People.(ANPFP)
02. K.Sooriya Kumar - Member of ANPFP
03. S.Sivagnanaraja -Member of ANPFP
04. S.Rajachandran -Member of ANPFP
05. Dr. Susei Anandan -University, Jaffna
06. Rev. Jeyakumar - Kytes Church
07. Herman Kumara - National Fisheries Solidarity (NAFSO)
08. A.Jesudasan -NAFSO
09. F.Raajan -NAFSO
10. Nalaka -NAFSO
11. N.Impam -Jaffna Coordinator of NAFSO.