NAFSO conducted a training workshop for the community leaders with the objectives of
Formation of campaign leaders’ team to address land issues and to facilitate the dialogue in the community level for educate people, and continue the campaign. Forming a network from the community leaders on land issues and Initiation the dialogue on land policy based on VGGT (Volunteer Guideline on Governance of tenure).
following subjected areas will be discussed during the 2 day long program.
1) Analyze the present political context and present situation on Each issues which we have already start the campaign.
2) Basic legal knowledge on land laws in Sri Lanka related the issues
3) Discuss about the guide lines though VGGT hand book and more
4) Find out the campaign strategies and how to get the leadership to continue the campaigns in each issue.
5) Prepare the specific campaign action plan for the next six month.
6) Varieties of Leadership/ Develop Qualities of Leadership.
7) Discuss about the VGGT hand book and more.
8) Basic legal knowledge on land laws in Sri Lanka.
About 40 participants from Jaffna, Mannar, Puthlam, Trincomalee, Polonnaruwa, Baticaloa, Ampara, Kurunegala,Monaragala, Gall and Mathara districts were participated.